Are You Serious About Becoming An Author Who Sells Books?
Author Camp Is The Answer
Everything was reasonably okay for author Lorena Angell. She was selling books and had more reviews than most authors. Then she met Linda Stirling…
With Linda’s help, her book sales exploded.
Six downloads a day turned into an average of 60.
She became a bestselling author in 11 countries.
Sales from 47 countries began rolling in.
Her books became #1 bestsellers on multiple charts.
Her books were optioned for television and film.
Do you want to work with me, too? Inside Author Camp, I teach all the things I’ve taught Lorena and others:
- how to produce the strongest manuscript possible
- how to position yourself wisely
- how to launch (or relaunch) your books so they skyrocket to the top of the charts.
You don’t want books that peak, then fizzle. You want books that continue to produce income for you year after year, giving you a quiet, ongoing revenue source. You want books that enchant readers, educate them, or make an impact in the world.
You can only be successful as a writer if people hear about your books. The brutal truth is this: without a stellar book PLUS the knowledge of how to publish and market wisely, the odds of you having a successful book are slim.
Most membership sites for authors simply plunk in videos and downloads that you can review at your leisure. Is that effective? For some, sure (and you hear those highly-selected success stories repeated over and over), but for the majority of participants, nothing changes. They pay for the program, but rarely look at it or take the kind of action that creates momentum. Why? Because they don’t have anyone there to guide them, encourage them, or suggest small tweaks that will make a difference. Author Camp’s methodology is different.
We create AUTHOR SUCCESS MILESTONES, then check to see where you’re at with those milestones.
Ramping Up Your Writing Skills
Building Your Author Platform
Mastering Marketing & Advertising
Successfully Launching & Relaunching
Our approach provides what writers REALLY need
. . . a writing, marketing, and publishing guide who listens and guides you live. You’re not just shoved off to a site to do the best you can at mastering what’s taught.
Over and over again, I see writers fail because they don’t have anyone to tell them what’s not working. Maybe it’s the most basic thing: their writing needs improvement, but they don’t know how to assess that and make the necessary changes. Or perhaps they write well, but they don’t know how to set their book up on multiple platforms, or they don’t know how to market their work profitably.
Author Camp to the rescue!
We break things down and create an actionable formula that allows you to learn, plus keep writing while you build, master, and accelerate the other skills you need to be a writer whose work sells.
How It Works
Author Camp is a membership site that focuses on guiding you through all the steps you need to build your presence as an author, market your book with ease, and have a well-written book that readers love and value.
Each month there are two live sessions.
During these sessions, you’ll be given actionable content and you’ll be assigned “homework” that will help make a difference overall, whether it’s for your writing, for building visibility & connection, or for marketing your work.
This homework isn’t busywork. Each bit of work you do will either improve your book, improve your presence with readers, or set you on the path to marketing your book wisely.
Two primary trainings each month take a deep dive into essentials that move you forward.
1st monthly training: Notching-Up Your Writing Skills
2nd monthly training: We focus on either Building Your Author Platform or Marketing
Each of these weeks, there is an information-filled webinar you can join live so you can ask questions, or you can listen and watch the recording in your private membership area.
But we don’t just teach.
We ask you to show your progress, then there’s a professional, live assessment of some of the work that members contribute. Using this method, you can see what works and what needs to be improved so you can apply the same principles to your work.
Tip sheets and other tutorials are added monthly to to your membership area. These are designed to help you understand and take action on material covered in the webinars.
You become part of a community of writers inside a no-judgement zone where everyone is here to support each other and grow.
A few of the things taught in each category are:
- character control: refining and creating memorable characters
- determining and crafting your point of view to create loyal readers
- fashioning story momentum that makes readers call in sick so they can finish your book
- mastering the art of proper tenses
- how to finesse your text so it sings to a reader’s ear
- how to use starters when you’re stuck in the land of writers’ block
- the back-cover copy secret that every #1 bestselling author has mastered
- the three things you must do to create reader engagement
- mastering Amazon book descriptions so they sing, have all the earmarks for getting on the SEO traffic wagon, and get people to click the BUY button
- how to easily turn your book into a professional audio book at zero cost
- how to map out your fiction and nonfiction with a success-path formula
- how to create story momentum
- the length of your book and why that matters
- title optimization and positioning that can cause the cash register to ring
- publishing timelines (and why you need to know these for marketing purposes)
- copyright, trademark, and licensing information – paranoia or precision: what you need to know
- back cover secrets that every bestselling writer knows
how to put a booster rocket under your book launch
- target marketing like a shark
- setting your book up for library sales
- setting your book up for bookstore sales
- the nuances & tricks for selling to schools
- evaluating self-publishing vs traditional publishing – the real numbers and how to make an informed decision that is best for you
- the nuances of pricing and how you can fail to have success if your book doesn’t meet set criteria
- literary agents: what they do and don’t do; how to find them; and what they expect
- crafting juicy sales copy that keeps your book sales climbing
- assessing your market to finesse your launch
- simple ways to format the interior of your eBooks and print books
- how to find a cover designer & what to know before you make your decision
- how to set your book up at multiple distributors
- how to make your book available and desirable for libraries
- maximizing impact on Amazon
- five tricks for positioning yourself on Amazon
- markets outside of Amazon that add dollars to your bank account
- the critical steps leading up to your book launch
- how pricing can cause you to lose money, bring in key sales, or destroy your chances of selling to libraries & bookstores
- Keyword traffic domination to help your book rank
- how to avoid mistakes that could cost you thousands
- the best days to launch
- how to build your writing empire
- in-depth training on building your list of readers before you launch, including daily task lists so you can have your list in place when you’re ready to launch
- how to form the kind of pre-launch visibility that superstars envy
- how to write a book proposal
- fundraising campaigns that can cover your expenses
- creating author visibility
- building your email list: the how, why, and cost-efficient ways
- how to acquire stellar book reviews
- how to find, create, and manage a book launch team
- markets outside of Amazon that add dollars to your bank account
- launching your book with your personality style in mind
- the relaunch: bringing fresh attention to an existing book
- creating an evergreen marketing system
Plus, you’ll have checklists, PDFs, and other resources that will increase your knowledge and help to create sales momentum
Inside Author Camp you’ll learn how to make your manuscript sing, how to set yourself up for success, and how to market your work with ease.
“Linda’s unselfish dedication to helping writers succeed speaks volumes. Her marketing advice has made a huge financial difference with my book sales. She is dependable, motivated, and in tune with the needs of writers I’m extremely happy to have found such a great editor and marketing guide. I highly recommend her.” Lorena Angell, Author of the International Bestseller Series, The Unaltered
“When it comes to publishing knowledge and guidance, Linda Stirling is a rockstar.Linda definitely over-delivers. I will be taking any course she offers and would highly recommend that anyone who is serious about writing do the same. If anyone can turn you into a successful writer, it’s Linda.”
Hi. I’m Linda Stirling.
I care about each person’s success and do everything in my power to help every member.
While I can’t guarantee success for you, I can guarantee I’ll equip you with what you need to make success possible.
In this membership, I’m giving you every bit of insight I’ve acquired over decades in the publishing industry . . . including having written 55 books, some of which were traditionally published and others that were self-published.
You’ll get the tips and strategies I’ve used to successfully launch other writers in multiple genres.
I want to add you to the list of authors I’ve helped propel to bestseller status. Are you ready to start telling others about your bestselling book?
Let’s make that happen, shall we?
I highly encourage you to invest in your writing career and get involved before this unprecedented opportunity is gone. Once the founders’ list of 100 writers is full, the discounted membership fee won’t be available.
All the replays and multiple templates, checklists, and additional tutorials will be easily accessible for you inside the members’ area as we progress.
Whatever stage you’re at, whether you’re just starting to write, or you need to give some juice to an existing title, you’ll find the information inside this course invaluable.
I’m eager to work with you as your guide to becoming a successful author.
“Linda’s the best. She not only does what she promises, but much, much more. This woman knows her stuff and is a keeper of her word! She already helped me publish, but if I can pick up even a few extra marketing tidbits from her, it’s always worth it to me!”
“I learned more from Linda Stirling in a few weeks than I did in four years of college writing courses.”
Who This Is For:
- This is for you if you want to self-publish, or you want to work with a publisher.
- This is for you if you haven’t finished your book, or you have a published book that you need to make more visible.
- This is for you if you want to work with a guide who has worked in multiple genres, has been traditionally published and has published on her own, and has guided numerous writers to bestseller status.
This Isn’t For You If:
- This isn’t for you if you aren’t willing to invest the time to build a long-lasting platform to sell your book.
- This isn’t for you if you think what you’re already doing is flawless.
- This isn’t for you if you don’t have basic writing skills.
Frequently Asked Questions:
“Any writing class Linda offers is mandatory for me. She is a tough but effective editor, and knows how to market what I write. I am miles ahead of where I was, all because of her efforts.”
“Linda helped me recapture the wonder of my stories. After working in that environment for so long, I was at a point where the stories were feeling dull and uninspired, and I couldn’t work up much enthusiasm for them. However, her suggestions and brilliant ideas, simple changes of one or two words, etc., brought the tales back to life. All of the emotion, amazement, fun, and warmth that should be there, now ARE there, and that’s thanks to her. I honestly don’t have words to say how grateful I am for the improvements she made with her ability to see how to get the story from where it was to where it needed to be.”
Karla Von Huben